Elsewhere was founded in 2012 by Zoë who, after spending 9 years honing and perfecting the finer skills of cutting hair, decided to dedicate her time to running her own salon.
Passionate about the art of cutting, she regularly attends training courses and seminars with some of the best stylists in the world.
The goal is for you to relax and enjoy your experience. The salon is fragranced with natural oil and plant based candles, and reed diffusers. Plenty of time is allocated for a full consultation, followed by a calming head massage during your shampoo.
Zoë is passionate about sustainability and becoming carbon neural within the industry, and reducing the impact of her business on the environment, so is proud to announce that Elsewhere is a fully zero waste business!
In additon, Zoë works with Davines, a registered B Corp, whose products use sustainable packaging.
- All shampoos and conditioners are sulphate and paraben free.
- All styling products are packaged in carefully selected materials that make them easy to separate and recycle and the carbon dioxide emissions from production are offset with the reforestation and woodland protection projects.
- Hair is collected and turned into hair booms which soak up the oil found in our oceans and rivers.
- Biodegradable bamboo towels reduce the salons carbon footprint. Once used, they are collected and recycled into renewable energy.
- PPE added a new challenge, but thanks to Salon Sustainability all recovered PPE will now be turned into clean, renewable energy.
15 Market Place, Wantage
Oxfordshire OX12 8AB
The salon is located in the courtyard to the right of the Bear Hotel, behind Barclays Bank. The Portway council car park offers 2 hours free parking, and is a 2 minute walk away, through the lovely arcades.